Sunday, November 14, 2010

Limewire–Down but not out

LimeWire
Image via Wikipedia
I just read a very good article over at DFI News. 

Frosted Limes- The Unintended Consequences of Shutting Down Limewire

When I saw the part about Limewire not connecting for users, I had to go see what was happening.  I opened up Limewire on my test machine and sure enough, it would not connect.
But…..It took me about five minutes to find the workaround to make it connect again.  So it appears that as long as you are not running the most current version of Limewire that has the auto update feature and you locate the “fix”, you can keep right on cruising with Limewire.
I am not going to link the “fix”, since there are plenty of alternatives out there anyway.  I just wanted to verify that Limewire might be down, but it’s not out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have moderated my comments due to spam.